Friday, January 30, 2009

Introduction to life!

Hi, everyone;
I have been living life for 33 years and 3 of them with Lupus. If you don't know what that is, well, I like to say that when I am in the sun or any uv light my body has an allergic reaction to itself and thinks that my healthy cells are viruses.
This has changed the way that I live and the way that I view life.
For instance, I can't go to the beach anymore or take a walk on a sunny day, but I can toboggan in the dark on an adventure with my son, or take a walk through the woods to discover what new things that we can see.
On the other end of things, I view relationships such as friendships with disdain. I have not had one friend stand by me through this. I have met new people who are unequivically mean and people who just don't understand.
My neighbour for instance, thinks that looks are everything and if you don't measure up you are not worthy. To the degree that she has her children (as young as 4) make fun of others and run away from people who are "cool".
As for the rest of society, well, I just don't know what to tell you. I live in books, I work a job that I don't see people very often and I love life.
Take it from me, you have no idea who anyone really is because people are con artists, they cheat, steal, lie and step on anyone that may benefit them in some way.
For now that is it, back tomorrow for a few more thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment