Monday, April 27, 2009

A message from Noel

Hi KimFirst of thank you so, so much for all of your hard work on posting all of the lupus stories on your blog. They are fascinating, heart-wrenching and so helpful.One of the comments made by Pauline really stood out for me and I wanted to leave her a comment but sadly am technically challenged and do not know how so hope you do not mind if I pass it on to to you instead!??? Pauline said:"What price will you pay for pushing? If you push Lupus too hard sometimes it pushes back with worse symptoms that cause you to digress for longer periods of time. Pushing too hard can cause to disease to accelerate."These are the wisest words I have heard. I was diagnosed with lupus in 1999 and have lived with it since 1972. When I first found out I "fought" it tooth and nail! I was determined "it" was not going to get the best of me! However, little did I know that the harder I pushed and ignored the fatigue, the worse harm I was doing to my body and the lupus was still winning, not I. If ever there was an excellent message for "new lupies" out there, it is this one. Do not ignore the signs your body is giving you when you have lupus. You must learn to respect "its" boundaries and get the rest "it" demands! Your longevity will be your reward!Thank you for your wise words!!!!
Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment